- Funding is used to build, expand, and/or improve facilities that support the development of our communities and/or development and implementation of programs that support the people and reflect our presence in our communities.
- The project or program must support one of two priority areas:
- Community and Economic Development
- Youth and Education where it preferably links to vision and strategy to encompass financial confidence and/or financial literacy.
- Must be a capital project/program or a one-time investment.
- The project or program must benefit groups or many people in the community and provide long-term, sustainable, positive results for the greatest amount of people.
- The majority of funds are directly utilized for the project or program, with minimal administrative costs.
- While membership at Crossroads Credit Union is not a requirement, preference will be given to our members when the final decision must be made between two comparable projects/programs.
- The project must be completed within one year of receiving Crossroads Investment funding. Receipts and invoices are required.
- The project or program must be in the trading area of Crossroads Credit Union.
- The project or program reflects positively on Crossroads Credit Union. Provides the most exposure possible while maintaining Crossroads Credit Union’s respected and professional image.
- Key players in the project may be asked to co-operate with Crossroads in publicity opportunities and ideally will involve opportunity for Crossroads Credit Union to volunteer.
- An organization can be funded more than once, but a project/program cannot.
Crossroads Community Investment Fund
Building a strong foundation for our communities to build upon.
What is the Crossroads Community Investment Fund?
The Crossroads Community Investment Fund (CIF) was established in 2009 and each year funds are allocated to non-profit organizations that support community development. The purpose of the Community Investment Fund is to provide a strong foundation to build upon and enhance the quality of life for the people in Crossroads Country.
Each year a set amount of funding is allocated towards the fund. Once the CIF opens for applications in June, non-profit organizations can apply for funding up until the closing date of August 31st. Once the closing date passes, the CIF committee reviews the applications and chooses which projects will receive funding as well as three projects that will have a chance to receive major funding (amount varies each year). Once those three projects are selected, the membership gets to determine which project will receive the major funding through a one week online voting process which takes place at the end of September/beginning of October for 1 week.
In the past 11 years the fund has allocated over $400,000 to more than 130 community projects and initiatives!
We are proud of our cooperative roots and helping our communities will always be a priority.
It's about grassroots, hometowns and cooperation. That's the Credit Union Difference.
What are the eligibility requirements?
What is not funded?
3 projects selected for a chance to receive up to $15,000 in funding!
Find out which project will be the lucky recipient on Credit Union Day (October 21st) at approximately 11:20 am on FOX FM or through a live stream on our Facebook Page.