Direct deposit is a secure electronic transfer of funds deposited directly into your bank account at a financial institution of your choice. Direct deposit replaces the need to issue payments by paper cheque.
Sign up for CRA direct deposit and get your money faster.
Crossroads Credit Union now offers the CRA Direct Deposit Enrollment service to you, giving you the ability to simply and securely transmit your direct deposit enrollment information to the CRA when you log onto our online banking.
Enrolling in Canada Revenue Agency's (CRA) direct deposit option through online banking is a convenient and secure alternative to receiving your CRA payments via mail. Direct deposit is fast, reliable and easy to do. No more waiting for cheques to arrive in the mail.
To register for the CRA direct deposit program, you'll need access to online banking (MemberDirect) and have your social insurance number* already registered with us.
- Sign into Your MemberDirect (online banking) Account through our website.
- On the left-hand side choose Account Services.
- Under Online Settings and Requests go to Set Up CRA Direct Deposit.
- Read the Payment Information screen and hit next.
- On this screen choose the account you would like your benefit payments to be deposited into.
- Confirm your date of birth.
- Read the Authorization and Privacy Statements allowing Crossroads Credit Union to share your banking information with CRA for the purpose of establishing or changing direct deposit. Check the box if you agree.
- Confirm your information and hit submit.
- Your Done!
* If you need to add your SIN or update any other information on your account, please call your local branch.
Not yet signed up for online banking?
Give us a call, text or email to get started today!
The CRA will never send you an email, text or Interac e-transfer to a link asking for your personal information to receive your benefit payment or refund. These are scams and taxpayers should never respond to these fraudulent communications or click on any of the links provided. Direct deposit helps reduce the risk of mail fraud and delays caused by a postal disruption.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Direct deposit allows Canadians to receive payments from the Government of Canada directly into their bank accounts. Canadians can now sign up for direct deposit or change their existing account information through Crossroads Credit Union.