A Tax-Free Savings Account (TFSA) will help you save money for short and long-term goals. Because it’s tax-free, you pay no taxes on the interest or investment income earned when you take it out.
The contribution room for 2023 is $6,500.
Enjoy the benefits of a TFSA
- Grow your money – Because your TFSA is tax-free, your earnings will be tax sheltered.
- Contribute to your TFSA for as long as you’d like.
- Use it for short and long-term goals – You don’t have to repay a TFSA withdrawal.
- Carry over withdrawals – Any withdrawal you make adds extra contribution room the following year.
- Unused contribution room can be carried to future years.
- It can hold a number of investments – Term deposits, mutual funds and stocks included.
*Mutual funds are offered through Credential Asset Management Inc. Commissions, trailing commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with mutual fund investments. Please read the prospectus before investing. Unless otherwise stated, mutual fund securities and cash balances are not insured or guaranteed and are not covered by the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation or by any other government deposit insurer that insures deposits in credit unions. Their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Whether you're saving for retirement, a new car or a dream vacation, our experienced team will tailor their advice to help you maximize your savings to get there.
Our TFSA Calculator will help you figure out how much you could save for your life goals when you invest in a Tax-Free Savings Account.